Thursday, October 3, 2013


Grilled Curry-Spiced Sweet Potatoes

I usually have at least one potato in the house. Most often a russet will do but I like to rotate between red, yellow, purple, fingerling- whatever I'm in the mood for and is available at the farmers market. Once fall makes its way around, I tend to trade in my starchy potato for a starchy sweet potato. I love them in baked desserts, roasted, twice-baked, grilled... let's just say I'm a big fan of the sweet potato.






These grilled curry spiced sweet potatoes make a nice fall side dish or main course. When I made these I paired them with a scallion & plum salsa- mix of lime juice,salt, pepper, olive oil, cilantro, scallions & plum chunks. I just played around with the ingredients and adjusted by taste.  Plums are over with this year, but the salsa is still tasty sans plums. Maybe try adding some sliced grapes? Pomegranate? You never know...

Grilled Curry-Spiced Sweet Potatoes


2 sweet potatoes, cut into 8 wedges
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp cayenne
salt 
pepper

Boil potatoes for about 5 minutes. Place wedges on a baking sheet or in a large bowl and toss with oil and spices. Heat grill pan over medium heat. Grill potatoes on all sides until tender- about 2 minutes on each side. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment