Sunday, February 24, 2013

Strawberry Bread


Honesty time. I have a problem relaxing. Even if I can convince myself to sit still, my mind never stops. And when I sit still long enough and let my mind go, I end up an anxious ball of worry.
This happens most often on Sundays. It starts with thinking about having to go back to work and doing another full week of...well just not what I'm meant to be doing. Then the $$ worries start and it's downhill from there. I know these are common typical problems. I just hate that I let it affect my day. Especially on my day off! Today was starting out this way...



Then there was Strawberry bread. The most delicious & moist, strawberry-filled bread there ever was. The best part...my boyfriend made it for me. That's right. These good lookin' muffins were made with love by my love.  He even made them vegan for me. Completely turned my day around. It felt great to relax on the balcony in this gorgeous weather. Enjoying the breeze, propping up my feet, flipping through cookbooks, and enjoying the smell of strawberry bread baking inside. No anxious feelings creeping up. Just pure relaxation and being thankful for the weekend I just had instead of worrying. And I had so much to be thankful for. Like spending time with family and meeting my new nephew...


and getting some much needed cuddle time with the pups...


So if you're like me and find yourself wasting your time worrying and feeling anxious for whatever problems you may have, try this strawberry bread. It really works. I promise.




Billy's Strawberry Bread
adapted from this
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
3 1/8 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar +  2 tbsp extra for sprinkling on strawberry slices
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tbsp ground flaxseed & 6 tbsp water

Preheat oven to 350 and prepare baking pans. This recipe makes wither 2 9x5 loaf pans or 8 large muffins.
Sprinkle 2 tbsp on strawberry slices and set aside. In a small bowl combine flaxseed and water. Set aside.
Combine dry ingredients, flour: 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl combine oil, applesauce, flaxseed mix, and strawberries. Add the strawberry mix to the flour mix and blend until just moistened. Divide among baking pans & bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment